When starting a business, one of the first things you generally need is money. It might be $10 for a domain name, or $15 for a domain name plus hosting. No matter how big or small, your business needs money to get up and running.
An online business is a little different. There are certain aspects of a traditional brick and mortar business that remain in place. Likewise, there are new aspects that come into play because of technology. aspect, but you now have a technology aspect thrown in. So, what do these two have in common: THEY BOTH REQUIRE MONEY!
When I first started, I had very little money. However, the faster and larger my business grew, the more money I needed. First it was software. I had to make sure I had legal versions of everything I owned. (This is a requirement – and an ethical and moral obligation – when you’re a corporation.) Then there was the advertising (which, at one point, was over $1,000 a month). Of course, the list goes on.
What frightens me today is that want-to-be online solopreneurs have no idea what they really need to get going. Unfortunately, I’m only one person and I cannot reach every person out there and say “stop” before they spend a dime. Since I cannot do that, I opted to take another approach: show others how to make money to invest in their business without having to spend money.
Options for Making Money
I have always considered myself the ultimate consumer when it comes to a bargain. Now, more than ever, that is especially true. Yet, since 2004, the one way in which I make extra money has not changed: selling on Amazon.com. In fact, the process I use works so well that I even wrote a book about it.
- I priced the book so that anyone can afford it. In fact, with 1 or 2 sales, the buyer can typically get his/her money back.
- I guarantee that if someone does not make money following my process, I will give them my own money. That’s how much I believe in this process.
- I offer a free eBook on ways to save money just for signing up to receive my newsletter with even more money saving/making ideas.
- The ebook can be downloaded for the buyer can start right away making money.
- I am formatting the eBook so that it can be read by a Kindle an selling it on Amazon.com. (Ironic, huh?)
- I have 4 more books in the funnel that contain even more ways to make more money, along with another free eBook.
Where are the Buyers?
As others began asking me about how to find money for their business, I told them what I on Amazon.com. 99.9% of the time, this person said, “when you’re book is ready, I want to buy it”. How many sales do I have right now? ZERO. ZILCH. NADA. NONE. (It takes a lot of guts to admit that.) What happened to all these people who were so interested? Did they win the lottery? Are they now living a life of luxury paid for by a relative? Did they land one customer on a fluke that is yielding them a boat load of revenue? But here’s the question: How is it possible that someone does not want to know how to MAKE MONEY WITHOUT SPENDING MONEY? It just blows the mind.
In the past week alone, I have made close to $100 using my process.
As I was writing this post, I made another $10.
Is it Just Me?
Every day I sit in bewilderment as to why this eBook is not selling (let alone why people aren’t signing up for the *F*R*E*E* eBook). I’ve had several people read all the books in the series (editors/proofreaders) and each has the same response: it’s great and he/she wants to start using the process right now.
- I’m pretty sure it’s not the book quality (considering I’ve written instructional material since I was 18).
- I’m pretty sure it’s not the web page (because it’s geared for someone who has a 5th grade or higher reading level – as the eBooks do).
- I’m pretty sure it’s not the lack of promotion because I’ve had over 1,000 people visit the web site in a few weeks.
- I’m pretty sure that I no longer really give a sh*t if it sells or not!
As a friend of mine, Jeff Herring, says, “GO USE THIS STUFF” (or “GUTS” as it’s known). So, what’s the problem people?
How can I help you be successful today?